Subject: Re: Modeling Rocks
From: Tony Hudson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:04:02 -0800

Try using a nice tileable rock pic as your color and diffuse, and use the 
crackle texture as a bump. If you ca get some USGS data of the Grand 
Canyon, that is always a good start. Then you just subdivide, jitter and 
metaform to get the final rock look.

On Sat, 27 Jan 1996, Eric Case wrote:

> Has any one come up with a way to model a large scale rock outcropping?  
> I'm trying to model a rock wall as you might see in a quarry.  I need it 
> to look smooth in places and still show hard edges in other areas.  We've 
> all done the Asteroid tutorial, but I'm looking for something with more 
> detail, i.e., small cracks, chips, etc. on a large rock face.  I could 
> use an image map, but I need to move past it. :(
> TIA
> -Eric
> 
> Eric Case                      INTERNET: [email-masked]
> 
> 
>